Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Would You Sew With An 80 Year Old Sewing Pattern?
- Quilting Just For Beginners
- Pro tips for sewing high-end bags, purses and totes
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 4 Finishing Details
- Tackle The Trickiest Fabrics – 2 Ways To Stabilize Silk
- A Spoonful of Sugar – Free Project!
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 3 Color Blocking
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery Episode 1 Preview
- Sewing In America – Tell Us Your Opinions & Experiences!
- Islander Sewing Systems Certification Course
Read From Our Archives
Tag Archives: sewing
Happy (early) National Quilting Day! Are you busy quilting today or dreaming up your next quilted masterpiece? Seeing as this Saturday is National Quilting Day, I am taking in all the beautiful quilted inspirations in our office. I have compiled … Continue reading
I love giving gifts, and if they’re handmade, it makes it that much more special. Submit a comment in the section below to enter to win Present Perfect: 25 Gifts to Sew & Bestow by Betz White. One lucky winner … Continue reading
Can you believe we are already on Day 11 of the 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways!?! Time sure flies when you are having fun! Congratulations to Sonja M! Sonja won Friday’s prize of Pfaff 6D Embroidery Software! Check your inbox for an … Continue reading
There’s no denying that e-Patterns for sewing, quilting and crafting are here to stay. They offer the chance to get many patterns for free as well as present to you new styles that you may not have considered before or … Continue reading
This is something I’ve been wanting to share with Sew News readers for a long time now. Fons & Porter our sister publication is proud to be featuring quilt kits from the wonderful Disney movie Frozen! This quilt is featured … Continue reading
The latest issue of Sew News is jam-packed with free e-patterns, along with tips and techniques to adjust, correct and make those patterns work for you. Read on to take this refresher course on pattern layout and learn to prep … Continue reading
We are down to the final steps in completing our Sew Liberated Clara Dress. At this point, all that is left to do is finish the hem, sew in the buttonholes and attach the buttons. If you have not added … Continue reading