Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Name Your #1 Favorite Sewing Tool
- Weekender Sew Along: Week 3 Pockets!
- What We Love To Sew – From The Editors of Sew News!
- What Do You Need To Be Creative? Time, Space (A Free Design)? Read On!
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery – Episode 9 Preview
- Weekender Sew Along Week 2: Piping and Cording Tutorial
- National Sewing Month: What Sewing Means to Kate
- New Webinar with Connie Crawford! Learn To Grade Sewing Patterns
- Inspiration Inside! Sew What You Love
- Canvas & Vinyl Tote Bag – a fall must-sew!
Read From Our Archives
Tag Archives: tutorial
Thank you for coming back to the Belle Handbag Sew-Along Week 3. We are rounding the corner to finishing up this great bag! Some of you have not only completed the bag but made additional bags as well! Please head … Continue reading
Use your extra, mismatched or specialty buttons to make a one-of-a-kind button bracelet. Materials Needed Chain link bracelet with or without clasp Assorted buttons with shank attached Jump rings in matching color to chain link bracelet Jewelry pliers Display the … Continue reading
Afraid to sew with knits? Once you sew with knits you’ll be surprised at how easy and versatile knits are. I love sewing with knits because you don’t have to be as precise as when sewing with wovens. Fitting isn’t … Continue reading
The fireworks festivities are starting today and I’m going to the park near my house for food trucks, free music and some sparklers. I want to wear something comfy that will keep me cool while shielding me from mosquitoes. So … Continue reading
Drafting different collars is an easy way to take a basic pattern and stretch it into what will seem like many patterns. For this post and the upcoming collar posts throughout May, we will be using this pattern, Butterick 5678. … Continue reading