Tomorrow Denver will celebrate the upcoming Yves Saint Laurent retrospective at the Denver Art Museum, as well as the opening of the city’s first H&M, with an exciting, real-time fashion competition called Cut ‘n’ Sew. Four local designers will have just four hours to create looks inspired by YSL, culminating in a fashion show hosted by Fallene Wells of Project Runway. I’ll get to be in on the action too, as a judge, and I can’t wait to see what the designers come up with. Yves Saint Laurent’s 40-year career as an innovative and groundbreaking designer is certainly rich with inspiration. Stay tuned for pictures from the event tomorrow, and here’s a question for you: If you could create an ensemble inspired by the work of any fashion designer, who would you choose?
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- And the winner of the Lunch Hour Wool Minis Giveaway is…
- Giveaway: Lunch Hour Wool Minis by Kathy Brown
- Serger School: Serging Sheers
- And the Winner of the Wabi-Sabi Sewing Giveaway is…
- Giveaway: Wabi-Sabi Sewing by Karen Lewis
- Decorative Effects with Your Serger
- And the Winner of the Big Embroidery Giveaway Is…
- Giveaway: Big Embroidery by Nancy Nicholson
- Serger Maintenance and Tension Tips
- And the Winner of the Sew Luxe Leather Giveaway Is…
Read From Our Archives