Congratulations to Butterick pattern designer, teacher and apparel expert Connie Amaden-Crawford! She’s been nominated by the United States Institute for Theater Technology for the 2013 Golden Pen Award for her book The Art of Fashion Draping, 4th Edition (Fairchild Books). For more info about the book, check out “Cool Tools” in the current Oct/Nov Sew News, where we featured The Art of Fashion Draping, 4th Edition. The book provides an excellent overview of the process of draping fabric to create garment patterns, including information on working with knit fabric and correcting common fitting problems. It’s a great resource to add to any sewing library!
Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- And the Winner of the Hand Dyed Giveaway Is…
- Giveaway: Hand Dyed by Anna Joyce
- And the winner of the Lunch Hour Wool Minis Giveaway is…
- Giveaway: Lunch Hour Wool Minis by Kathy Brown
- Serger School: Serging Sheers
- And the Winner of the Wabi-Sabi Sewing Giveaway is…
- Giveaway: Wabi-Sabi Sewing by Karen Lewis
- Decorative Effects with Your Serger
- And the Winner of the Big Embroidery Giveaway Is…
- Giveaway: Big Embroidery by Nancy Nicholson
Read From Our Archives